Keynes to the rescue!
Greenspan did not specifically call for a tax cut. Instead, he called for the government to apply money to the severe housing market slump. Such a cash infusion would typically come through a tax break or a new government spending program.
From Keynes to Monetarism and back to Keynesian economics. Oh, the American economy has gone a long way since The end of laissez-faire.
If you don’t know what I am talking about, you may want to read this article. Don’t get scared, but it is the economic philosophy used to get us out of the great depression.
This article is part of the series "Documenting The Hyperinflationary Genesis"
- Bernanke’s creative solution: Let’s do it again
- At a financial crossroads
- How to survive hyperinflation
- Let the party begin. We will be dead tomorrow
- I have $ 100,000,000,000 and yet I can’t retire
- Is the Dow Jones at a new high?
- Stagflation: This Time It Is Different
- The Myth Of Gold as Inflation Hedge
- Is Gold a Hedge Against Excess Liquidity?
- Disposable Personal Income Shows Disturbing Historical Trend
- Things That Go Bump in the Night
- Greenspan: Give Homeowners Financial Aid: Financial News – Yahoo! Finance
- Black Swans, Bell Curves and Stagflation
- The Gold Scam
- And Now They Tell US
- Some Historical Perspective on the Current Recession
- Gold Correction Seems Over
- Gold Chatter
Franklin @ December 17, 2007